nicky.zhy - 2010-8-9 22:43:00
Stock Market 奋战股市
Paddy: Have you ever played the stock market?
帕迪:你有炒过股票吗?
Jim: Oh no, I know nothing about this. It seems very risky to me.
吉姆:没有,我对此一无所知。对我来说,风险太大。
Paddy: Actually it’s not risky if you use common sense.
帕迪:事实上如果你用你的常识判断力,风险并不大。
m: Surely, if it was easy everyone would be doing it… no?
吉姆:当然,如果这很容易,那么每个人都可以去做了……不是吧?
Paddy: Well the problem is that most people just follow gossip and hearsay (n. 道听途说). That’s too speculative – it’s just like gambling.
帕迪:问题是很多人都只听个道听途说。那样太有投机性了——就如同赌博一样。
Jim: So what do you do?
吉姆:那么你是怎么做的?
Paddy: I’m a contrarian investor. When nobody wants to get in to the market, I buy up undervalued companies. Then when the crowd rushes in, I get out….
帕迪:我是一个反向投资者。当没有人进入股市时,我就会买被低估的公司股票。如果人们蜂拥而入,那我就退出 …
Jim: That sounds smart. You must have good timing.
吉姆:听上去很聪明。你必须有好的时机。
Paddy: Actually, it’s more about time than timing. Markets always rise over the long run. You just need to keep your nerve, buy on the bears and sell on the bulls. That’s the opposite of what the masses do…
帕迪: 事实上,时间比时机点更为重要。从长期看,市场总是上扬的。你需要保持头脑冷静,在熊市时候买入,在牛市时候卖出。这和大部分人群做得正相反。
Jim: Sounds like you’re one step ahead of the pack.
吉姆:听上去你总是走在人群之前。
Paddy: I take the long term view…
帕迪:我从长计议…
Let’s go over some phrases now. 让我们一起来回顾一下有用的短语吧!
hearsay: second-hand news 道听途说的传闻
speculation: [n.]投机买卖
speculative: [adj.]投机的
contrarian: [n.]反向投资者:做出与大众的智识相反决定的投资者。
keep your nerve: stay cool or stay calm 保持头脑的冷静与镇定
bear market: 熊市
bull market: 牛市
You’re one step ahead of the pack. 你总在人群之前。/你比别人要明智些。
victor - 2010-8-17 17:00:00
You must have good timing.